Avoid downtime. Built-in high availability.
Document conversion has become a key process within the enterprise.
Our world has shifted from analog to digital. And digital has many shapes and forms. Therefore, document conversion has become a critical process within many industries. Think of the submission publishing process within Life Sciences, or the creation of bank statements within a bank. These are business critical parts of the operation, and essential for success in these industries.
Built-in high availability from day 1.
DocShifter was conceived with high availability in mind. Since the start. The modular architecture was designed in such a way that the actual processing of the conversion can be spread over multiple servers. Making sure that load is spread evenly. And assuring business continuity should any individual server go down.
to keep you going.
From it’s initial conception, DocShifter was architected to avoid downtime.
Frequently Asked Questions
DocShifter document conversion software is used by many organizations to convert Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, JPG, TIFF, CSV, HTML, RTF, TXT, XML, PDF documents into high quality, searchable, navigation-rich PDF or PDF/A documents.
Highly integrable with your existing systems. Designed for high volume content and document conversion. The fastest in its class.
DocShifter can reduce cost in a number of ways:
- Faster performance = less servers needed = lower infrastructure costs = lower licensing costs (e.g. one customer reduced from 10 servers of their legacy tools to 3 DocShifter servers for the same amount of work).
- DocShifter does not require licenses for any Adobe technology, or the native applications used to create the content. No licenses are needed for Office or AutoCAD for example to be able to convert those file formats.
- Since DocShifter is not tied to any DMS, RIM or other platform, installation and ongoing maintenance is much simpler. This reduces internal costs to maintain the tool and any external service fees required.
- Upgrades and software support are included in the subscription fees.
No, you do not need MS Office or any other authoring applications (Adobe technology, AutoCAD, OpenOffice, etc.) on your rendition server when you use DocShifter.
You need MS Office and other authoring applications to author the content & documents, but you do not have to license these applications on your DocShifter rendition servers.
Yes of course. We thought you were never going to ask.
There are multiple options:
- Hand-held demos with your own content.
- A dedicated environment that you can use to upload files to. Where you can configure your own workflows.
- On-premise trial installations, so you can test quality and performance within your own infrastructure.