You choose where you want to deploy your document conversion software.
Locally in your data center, or in the cloud. On either Windows or Linux.
DocShifter software can be deployed either locally in your data center, or in the cloud: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud, etc.
Both physical and virtualized servers (VMWare, Hyper-V) are supported.
Furthermore, DocShifter can be installed on either Windows or Linux. Allowing you maximum flexibility while reducing your dependency on using 1 single operating system.
Docker & Kubernetes for simplified deployment & maximum scalability.
You can also choose to deploy DocShifter on Docker and Kubernetes to maximize scalability and reduce hardware and software dependencies. Scale horizontally by easily adding more DocShifter instances, instead of by always having to always increase the size of servers (RAM, CPU, etc.).
Flexible deployment, easy maintenance, lightning fast document conversion.
DocShifter is easy to deploy, maintain and use. What does that mean for your operations, though?
Frequently Asked Questions
DocShifter document conversion software is used by many organizations to convert Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, JPG, TIFF, CSV, HTML, RTF, TXT, XML, PDF documents into high quality, searchable, navigation-rich PDF or PDF/A documents.
Highly integrable with your existing systems. Designed for high volume content and document conversion. The fastest in its class.
How many DocShifter servers are required is driven by a few factors:
- Total number of documents that need to be converted.
- Number of files to be converted per minute, hour, day, week, etc.
- How fast do you need the converted file back.
- What repositories you are using.
- Intended infrastructure for our servers and the content (on premise, in the cloud, etc).
- The type of content that needs to be converted.
- Whether high-fidelity / compliant conversion is necessary.
- Is high-availability required.
- Is a disaster recovery environment needed.
- How many different non-production environments do you use (test, development, staging, validation, training, etc.)
DocShifter can reduce cost in a number of ways:
- Faster performance = less servers needed = lower infrastructure costs = lower licensing costs (e.g. one customer reduced from 10 servers of their legacy tools to 3 DocShifter servers for the same amount of work).
- DocShifter does not require licenses for any Adobe technology, or the native applications used to create the content. No licenses are needed for Office or AutoCAD for example to be able to convert those file formats.
- Since DocShifter is not tied to any DMS, RIM or other platform, installation and ongoing maintenance is much simpler. This reduces internal costs to maintain the tool and any external service fees required.
- Upgrades and software support are included in the subscription fees.
Depending on the complexity of the environment and DocShifter conversion workflows, this can be done in 30 minutes, up to 2 hours in very complex environments.