Make Optical Character Recognition (OCR) a part of your conversion process.
Convert scanned documents into searchable PDFs. Lightning fast.
Streamline your work by converting paper contracts, agreements, sales orders, scanned reports, images and other documents into text-searchable PDF documents. DocShifter can OCR documents, scanned images and many more to text-searchable PDFs.
Maximum accuracy, minimal costs.
Taking scanned and other image based documents and manually entering textual information into your systems increases your costs and introduces risks. By allowing OCR to take place automatically, you create fully text-searchable documents and can extract information automatically to support your existing workflows.
Make the best use of your
documents with Optical Character Recognition (OCR).
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, DocShifter can convert scanned images, documents, PDFs, TIFF or JPG files or other content into text-searchable PDF or PDF/A documents. Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is an automated process within DocShifter; and does not require any manual intervention.
OCR stands for Optical Character Recognition.
OCR is the technology used for scanning numbers, letters, shapes, images and all sorts of other symbols from documents. OCR is able to read special characters, symbols, tables and paragraphs from PDFs, spreadsheets and other electronic file formats.
Using OCR rather than extracting data manually from documents allows for:
- Higher data accuracy and reduced risk of human-error
- Easier document management by creating searchable documents
- Faster data processing compared to manual data entry
- Wider use of documents throughout the enterprise for archiving and standardization
Yes of course. We thought you were never going to ask.
There are multiple options:
- Hand-held demos with your own content.
- A dedicated environment that you can use to upload files to. Where you can configure your own workflows.
- On-premise trial installations so you can test quality and performance within your own infrastructure.