What determines DocShifter pricing?
Hoover for more info
Yearly annual subscription, including upgrades and support.
Installation on-premise or in the cloud of your choice.
Functionality, server, and volume based.
Up to 10x faster conversion than most content transformation solutions out there. Saving money on infrastructure.
Unlimited Enterprise license available.
Access to our friendly customer support to help you before, during and after the installation.
Software documentation and download portal where you can download the latest software updates & documentation.
A seat at the front row at our bi-yearly DocShifter Transform customer event.
Scalability option to handle unpredictable demand.
Docker & Kubernetes deployment at no additional cost.
Try us. Our responses are as fast as our document conversion.
“DocShifter is run by an extremely helpful and responsive team. We have been exceptionally happy with the level of service and support at all levels (from Sales to Implementation through to Support)”.
Chris B., IT System administrator at PeopleScout, Australia.
|FEATURES / EDITIONS||BASE EDITION||ADVANCED EDITION||HI-FI EDITION (Life Sciences)|
|Any to latest PDF version transformation||included in BASE|
|Any to PDF/A conversion (can select any compliance level)||included in BASE|
|Email & attachments to single PDF transformation||included in BASE|
|ZIP, Virtual document, Binder to single PDF||included in BASE|
|Standard PDF bookmarking||included in BASE|
|Overlays & watermarks||included in BASE|
|Add PDF security||included in BASE|
|Email notification framework||included in BASE|
|Process content from File Shares & via Web Services||included in BASE|
|Refresh legacy content (e.g. doc to docx, etc.)||included in ADVANCED|
|Image to image conversion (e.g. bmp to tiff, etc.)||included in ADVANCED|
|Audio & video conversion (e.g. avi to mp4, etc.)||included in ADVANCED|
|Any to other output formats (e.g. tx, xml, html. epub, etc.)||included in ADVANCED|
|Thumbnail generation||included in ADVANCED|
|Advanced automated & grouped bookmarking|
|Automatic Table of Contents (TOC) generation|
|Advanced font embedding, error & substitution handling|
|Hyperlink standardization (zoom, color, box, underline, etc.)|
|Optimize output (fast web view, compression, flatten, etc.)|
|Rejection handling (e.g. reject if fonts are missing etc.)|
|Track changes & comments standardisation|
|Embedded file handling (merge, attach transform, etc.)|
|Advanced PDF preferences (e.g. initial view, properties, etc.)|
Frequently asked licensing questions
No, DocShifter itself does not offer a complete SaaS service today. DocShifter is installed on-premise, in the customer’s cloud, or in his public cloud space. Why is that? Mostly the sheer volume of documents is simply to big to send back and forth over the internet. In addition, privacy is often an important reason for our customers to keep their precious documents close.
Yes of course. We thought you were never going to ask.
There are multiple options:
– Hand-held demos with your own content.
– A dedicated environment that you can use to upload files to. Where you can configure your own workflows.
– On-premise trial installations, so you can test quality and performance within your own infrastructure.
DocShifter can be installed:
– On premise in your own data centre.
– In your private/hybrid or public cloud.
– In Docker containers, orchestrated by Kubernetes.
– On either Windows or Linux. We realize you have a preference.
To learn more, please visit our ‘Platform – Deployment’ page.
DocShifter helps reduce costs in a number of ways:
– Faster performance = less servers needed = lower infrastructure costs = lower licensing costs (e.g. one customer reduced from 10 servers of their legacy tools to 3 DocShifter servers for the same amount of work).
– DocShifter does not require licenses for any Adobe technology, or the native applications used to create the content. No licenses are needed for Office or AutoCAD for example to be able to convert those file formats.
– Since DocShifter is not tied to any DMS, RIM or other platform, installation and ongoing maintenance is much simpler. This reduces internal costs to maintain the tool and any external service fees required.
– Free upgrades are included in subscription fees.
DocShifter is the world’s fastest any to any conversion software. Speed, quality, scalability and configurability are the reasons why leading companies use our software to convert their documents into high quality, navigation-rich, searchable content.
A few factors can help us estimate this for you:
– Number of documents that need to be converted per day, week, etc.
– How quickly you need to receive the results.
– What repositories you are using.
– Intended infrastructure for our servers and the content (on premise, in the cloud, etc).
– The type of content that needs to be converted.
– Whether high-fidelity / compliant conversion is necessary.
– Do you need High-Availability.
– Is a disaster recovery environment needed.
– How many different non-production environments do you use (test, development, staging, validation, training, etc.)
Please use the form above to begin these discussions.
Dashboards and metrics are instruments in DocShifter with which you can get granular or tabular historical data usage. Thanks to the metrics, you can:
– Get insights into conversion activities (failed and successful jobs, what time of the day, converted file formats, etc.)
– Help size the rendering environment (how many servers do we have, and how many do we need in the future)
– Identify times of day systems can be shot down to reduce costs
– Allow cross charging based on usage
– Get a better understanding of all the file formats across the enterprise, and identify problematic file types
For more information, please visit our Platform -> Insights page.