A lot of different file formats that need standardization?
Your organization has created 100.000's of files over the years, in different file formats: Microsoft Office files, e-mail and attachments, scanned and other image files, OpenOffice documents, AutoCAD and other technical files and many more.
These documents continue to be valuable for the enterprise, and need to be shareable in a format that everyone understands. Standard, consistent PDF or PDF/A format.
A different tool on every desktop for file format conversion?
As within most organizations, you and your colleagues have different software tools installed on their computers to help with these conversions. Result? 'Hidden software costs' and inconsistent document conversion. Loss of quality.
I will quickly
'save this to PDF'
It may seem like a good idea. But if you consider carefully, when there are hundreds (or thousands) of people doing a 'quick conversion to PDF', things quickly get out of control. Inconsistent output, file duplication, and cost are the result.
Different desktop or server tools (PDF converters) are used to convert documents throughout the organization. This is inefficient, slow, inconsistent and expensive. Any manual process introduces unnecessary risks to your organization.
A centralized document conversion software for automated PDF generation
DocShifter is the world’s fastest fully-automated any-to-PDF converter. Designed for high-volumes, DocShifter is able to connect to your existing systems, create searchable, navigation-rich PDF renditions from your documents and store these in systems of your choice. With DocShifter, you can fully automate time-consuming manual document conversion processes, reduce costs, strengthen control and compliance.
Are you looking for a highly scalable, fully-automated any-to-PDF converter? Give DocShifter a try; you will see why leading organizations rely on our fast, high-quality PDF conversion capabilities.
10x faster, highly-scalable document to PDF converter
Centralize and reduce risks by eliminating manual tools.
Eliminate risks related to manual PDF conversion and PDF enrichment (headers, footers, bookmarks, security, hyperlinks, watermarks, ToC creation, etc.) using desktop tools.
Centralize document and PDF infrastructure and generate uniform documents throughout the enterprise.
Automatically scale your infrastructure up and down based on your ever-changing PDF conversion needs.
As different divisions use the conversion services, potentially in different countries, the conversion system needs to be able to cope with peak loads. In most cases, period peaks (certain times of day, the end of the month, the launch of a new product) puts the conversion software under stress.
DocShifter’s inherent speed is combined with the scalability of Docker. The workload can easily be spread over as many resources as needed. This eliminates the high costs of setting up and maintaining a rendering farm and significantly speeds up the document conversion processes.
Designed for the enterprise to cover all your PDF conversion needs.
Compliant, fast, automated, scalable PDF converter
Enterprises work with a lot of digital documents, in multiple file formats. These documents need to be converted for sharing & collaboration, standardization or archiving. Or simply because today’s systems have difficulties working with older formats.
Converting between formats happens manually, which is inefficient, slow, inconsistent and expensive. Different tools are used to convert documents throughout the organisation. In addition, sectors like life sciences and finance have specific regulatory document formatting and technical requirements that must be met.
DocShifter, an automated document and PDF converter, solves these challenges. The software automatically recognizes documents and emails and converts them to the output format of your choice. In PDF or any other standardized format. Documents can be greatly enriched as well with bookmarks, table of contents, hyperlinks, security, headers, footers and watermarks. To the specifications required by your organisation or the regulators in your industry.
Convert to PDF and enrich the output using 1 centralized solution
Frequently Asked Questions
No, if a document is password protected, DocShifter can not convert that document.
In this case, the conversion process will fail, and DocShifter will trigger an error message.
Yes of course. We thought you were never going to ask.
There are multiple options:
- Hand-held demos with your own content.
- A dedicated environment that you can use to upload files to. Where you can configure your own workflows.
- On-premise trial installations, so you can test quality and performance within your own infrastructure.
DocShifter can handle more than 300 input formats. These input file formats include but are not limited to: Microsoft Office and text file formats (such as DOC, DOT, DOCM, DOCX, DOTX, RTF, HTML, TXT etc.), mark-up file formats (such as HTML, XML, CSS, XSL, XSLT etc.), PDF formats (PDF, PDFA, ODFA etc.), compressed file formats (.tar, .gz, ZIP file with text files, ZIP file with on PDF, Microsoft Offices etc.), image file formats (JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, TIFF, RAW, PSD, DXG and DWG etc.).
For an extensive list, please contact us with your questions.
DocShifter has native integrations with OpenText Documentum, Veeva Vault, Microsoft SharePoint Cloud, Generis CARA, Lorenz Docubridge, File Systems, Dropbox and FTP.
It also supports any other system that allows Web Services API connections, such as IBM Filenet, Box, Alfresco, etc. For more information, please see our Platform -> Integrations page.
If your content repository isn’t represented on the Integrations page, please drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to investigate your question.
DocShifter subscription pricing is server, volume and functionality based.
To find out more about pricing, please visit our Pricing page and request an estimate.
A few factors can help us estimate this for you:
- Number of documents that need to be converted per day, week, etc.
- How quickly you need to receive the results.
- What repositories you are using.
- Intended infrastructure for our servers and the content (on premise, in the cloud, etc).
- The type of content that needs to be converted.
- Whether high-fidelity / compliant conversion is necessary.
- Do you need High-Availability.
- Is a disaster recovery environment needed.
- How many different non-production environments do you use (test, development, staging, validation, training, etc.)
Please contact us to begin these discussions.
DocShifter can be installed:
- On premise in your own data centre.
- In your private/hybrid or public cloud.
- In Docker containers, orchestrated by Kubernetes.
- On either Windows or Linux. We realize you have a preference.
To learn more, please visit our ‘Platform – Deployment’ page.
DocShifter helps reduce costs in a number of ways:
- Faster performance = less servers needed = lower infrastructure costs = lower licensing costs (e.g. one customer reduced from 10 servers of their legacy tools to 3 DocShifter servers for the same amount of work).
- DocShifter does not require licenses for any Adobe technology, or the native applications used to create the content. No licenses are needed for Office or AutoCAD for example to be able to convert those file formats.
- Since DocShifter is not tied to any DMS, RIM or other platform, installation and ongoing maintenance is much simpler. This reduces internal costs to maintain the tool and any external service fees required.
- Free upgrades are included in subscription fees.